At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our Contact Center team at Bank of America. We’re looking for the next generation of client service representatives (formally known as tellers) — those with a passion for people and creating a positive client experience in every interaction.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. We deliver this through a strategy of responsible growth that includes a focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership.
We are driving growth – helping to create jobs, develop communities, foster economic mobility and address society’s biggest challenges – while managing risk and providing a return to our clients and our shareholders. Because we recognize that we can only be successful when the individuals, companies, communities and employees we serve are able to reach their vision of success.
At Bank of America, customers are at the center of everything we do. Our focus is on helping each one find the right financial solutions. We invite you to realize your career goals with us while assisting customers with what matters most to them.
Job Description: Client Service Representative (Call Center)
As part of the Bank of America team, client service representatives (CSRs) go beyond processing simple account transactions – you’ll listen to client needs and advise on products and services to support our clients through life events and moments that matter. Anticipate and resolve client concerns with the goal of exceeding each client’s expectations, no matter how large or small the request. CSRs work in an inbound client service contact center that requires sitting and taking calls for the entire shift, with structured breaks. Being there for our clients is our number one priority. In order to do that, we need our employees to adhere to schedules that ensure our clients have every opportunity to connect with a client service professional in their moments that matter.
As a client service representative, you can look forward to
- Working in a professional, fast-paced environment that requires accuracy, multi-tasking and effectively communicating resolutions in an efficient manner.
- Meeting clients in the moments that matter to fully understand the need and fully resolve their situation the first time.
- Understanding how clients engage with us using online and mobile technology, financial centers and contact centers to guide them on ways that we can improve their financial life.
- Navigating multiple computer applications while interacting with the client.
- Listening to, understanding and providing solutions for our client’s needs.
- Incentive opportunities for meeting and/or exceeding critical performance standards.
- A world-class suite of employee benefits, including tuition and child care reimbursement and employee discount programs.
- The Consumer Academy, our world-class training program for Consumer and Small Business employees, providing access to the tools and resources you need to invest in your development and build a successful career at Bank of America.
- Potential to own your career growth opportunities.
We’ll help you
- Get training and on-the-job support from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll receive in- depth classroom training, including side-by-side live call handling and continued on-the-job training and coaching.
- Learn about core banking products and services we provide through Bank of America. Understand which products/services will work best for the client throughout the relationship and how to successfully resolve client requests using best-in-class tools and resources.
- Provide education to clients. Inform and educate clients on how to conduct simple transactions through self-service technologies that benefit them.
- Displays passion, integrity, commitment and drive to deliver a positive, differentiated service that improves our clients’ financial lives.
- Fully understands how life events can impact a client’s financial situation and is prepared to actively advise solutions and analyze/resolve complex client problems through creative solutions.
- Has a commitment to excellent attendance and proven reliability and can work the agreed upon schedule.
- Has a dependable team-player attitude with an understanding that calls must be handled immediately, including weekends and holidays.
- Communicates effectively and confidently with all clients to make their financial lives better.
- Has the ability to engage with clients – begin a conversation, anticipate questions, actively share information using plain language, build rapport and handle objections.
- Is comfortable receiving ongoing performance feedback and coaching.
- Is comfortable with ongoing change and learning new technology/processes.
- Has 1+ year of customer/client service experience, including experience handling difficult client situations.
- Has at least an intermediate level of proficiency with computers and current technology.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills and qualifications)
- 1+ year of experience in the banking/financial industry.
- 1+ year of experience working in a client service call center.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Various Chicagoland locations
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.