The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, taking drink/food orders, mixing ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks, as well as serving beer and other beverages, and completing transactions; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and the servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: HMSHost
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost is a recognized industry leader who creates innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, HMSHost uses their experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
HMSHost has more than 300 international, regional, local and proprietary brands in its portfolio including exclusive relationships with hundreds of consumer favorites such as Starbucks, Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless, California Pizza Kitchen, Beaudevin Wine Bar, Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chili’s Too, and Tim Horton’s to name a few.
The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, taking drink/food orders, mixing ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks, as well as serving beer and other beverages, and completing transactions; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and the servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending up local requirements.
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about products and looks for the opportunity to “up-sell” products
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for mixing beverages
- Collects payments and operates cash registers for drinks and/or food served following company established cash handling policies and procedures for all transactions; secures all monies at the end of each shift
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests
- Follows all HMSHost customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Ensures a clean, sanitized and well-stocked bar
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
Skills & Requirements
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
- Requires at least 1 year of closely related bartending experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay
- Full benefits package
- Travel stipend
- Advancement opportunities
O’Hare Airport – easily accessible by public transit
HMS Host is a(n)
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.