The Government & Consumer Strategy Leadership Rotational Fellow is a 12 month development program focused on building the foundation for strategic thinking and transformational change in the health care payer space, an area that is dynamic, rapidly evolving, and a key focus of national discussions on the future of health care.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield (Health Care Service Corporation)
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures — ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
Job Description: Government & Consumer Strategy Leadership Rotational Fellow
The Government & Consumer Strategy Leadership Rotational Fellow is a 12 month development program focused on building the foundation for strategic thinking and transformational change in the health care payer space, an area that is dynamic, rapidly evolving, and a key focus of national discussions on the future of health care. Program members will gain hands-on experience supporting high profile strategic projects that are tackling key business priorities across multiple lines of business and functional areas, including Employer, Medicare, Medicaid, the Consumer Market, and the Provider Network space. The fellowship is structured around 2-3 rotations designed to advance skills in strategic planning, communication, and leadership, as well as to prepare program members for attaining a permanent role within HCSC.
Key Tenets of the HCSC Rotational Fellowship Experience:
Exposure to Senior Leadership
- Professional development through executive mentorship
- Opportunities to interact with and present projects to senior level executives
- Formal and informal networking across multiple functional areas
Ability to Influence
- Rotations through teams that support the Medicare, Medicaid and Individual Markets’ Strategy as well as Enterprise Network Strategy and Operations
- Opportunity to create innovate approaches to healthcare
- Ability to improve skills in strategic planning and analysis, communication, and leadership
Broad Exposure to Organization
- Project work throughout a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to experience operations of multiple lines of business and support areas throughout the organization
- Exposure to a large and diverse organization
Required Job Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have a MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, or equivalent degree from an accredited graduate program, and graduate in the 2018-19 school year.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Project management skills; strong organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Experience interacting with personnel of multiple departments and at various levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of strategic planning techniques and industry trends.
- Experience with analytics and information synthesis.
- Verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal communication skills to work across departments, build relationships and garner information from various sources.
- PC proficiency to include MS Office products.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Health care industry experience.
Salary based on experience
Full-time; Monday-Friday, 8 AM-6 PM
The beautiful corporate headquarters is located in Downtown Chicago.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.