The newly renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago/Streeterville is looking for a Breakfast Attendant to add to our strong Housekeeping team! We are looking for those who are team oriented and have a strong service approach.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
A uniquely different hospitality management company, SMASHotels relentlessly pursues the finest talent, trends, and ambiances to create extraordinary experiences. A deep passion for exceptional customer service creates engagement and loyalty. Innovative programming and perpetual development keep us fresh and relevant
Location Based on Needs: Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott – 60611, Hotel EMC2 – 60611, theWit Chicago – 60601
The newly renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago/Streeterville is looking for a Breakfast Attendant to add to our strong Housekeeping team! We are looking for those who are team oriented and have a strong service approach. This person will be responsible for maintaining and servicing the hotel’s breakfast area to the highest standard of detail and cleanliness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
- Clean and return breakfast area to an orderly and clean condition.
- Properly maintain all food and beverage items as required by hotel standards, while following all safe food handling guidelines.
- Report any material or supply discrepancies to a housekeeping supervisor.
- Report any maintenance or repair issues to a housekeeping supervisor immediately to prevent any inconvenience to our guest’s experience.
- Maintain a clean and orderly guest dining area.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen area.
- Engage the guest in a natural and genuine manner.
- Respond to guest requests or inquiries immediately.
- Provide restaurant like service including clearing tables, offering refills, and inquiring about guest’s needs and satisfaction level.
- Return all lost and found items to Front Office immediately.
- Assume all responsibilities as delegated by the manager and do any or all other duties that may be required to fulfill customer needs and requests.
- Exemplify the hotel’s Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Must have completed high school or equivalent.
Experience: Two-three years of demonstrated experience in hospitality and or housekeeping environment.
- Communicate in the primary language of the hotel.
- Prior housekeeping and/or restaurant experience preferred.
- Display the proper uniform/dress at all times and be well groomed.
- Be flexible since we are running a 24/7 hotel operation.
- Must be able to arrive at work in a timely, consistent and predictable fashion.
- Embrace the SMASHotels’ culture where our people are our greatest asset, the guest is the reason behind everything we do, we are genuine and humble in our service approach, and we embrace the diversity our of our people, which mirrors the diversity of
- Ability to work safely in an environment where the hazards include, but are not limited to, moderate temperature changes, slips, trips, falls, cuts, burns and strains.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to push a cart with supplies weighing 50 or more pounds.
- Ability to perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the manager.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
- Ability to stand for an entire shift, and navigate stairways when necessary.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, push and pull.
- Ability to push a cart loaded with supplies that can weigh 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate moderate temperature changes in the building.
- Ability to handle repetitiv e motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Plan
- Employee Hotel Discount Incentives
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.