The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to ambulatory patients.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring company: Confidential
Employer is one of the largest health systems in Illinois. It is one of Chicagoland’s largest employers, with more the 35,000 associates, and is recognized among the best places to work in Illinois and the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces. Their mission is “to serve the health needs of individuals, families and communities through a wholistic philosophy rooted in our fundamental understanding of human beings as created in the image of God.”
Status: Full-Time and part time
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to ambulatory patients. Medical Assistants are vital to the effective operations of a fast-paced medical practice. Medical Assistants help patients transition from the outside world into the provider’s office. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of important tasks to promote optimal health for our patients, including:
- Assist providers with important clinical duties, such as physical examinations
- Act as a liaison between patients and providers/specialists
- Measure patient’s vital signs
- Administer medication
- Document patient information
- Collect specimens for testing
- High school Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required – CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or CMAC. Non-certified Medical Assistants / MA must obtain certification or registration within four months of hire with AMG-approved certifying bodies (CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or CMAC).
- Current AHA CPR certification
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.