Are you a critical thinker who likes working in team-oriented, fast-paced environments and helping resolve customers’ problems? Join the James Hardie Customer Account Representative team today! Representatives support the customer base with their orders via phone and email, as well as all members of the Supply Chain team. If you’re a creative, solutions-oriented person with a high attention to detail, apply today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: James Hardie
At James Hardie we hire leaders and innovators. James Hardie is a $1.8B WORLD LEADER in fiber-cement building products and technology, and our success and the quality of our products is attributed to the talent of our people.
Recognized as one of the 100 Most Trusted Companies in America by Forbes Magazine, James Hardie has been in business for over 125 years. We are a global company with manufacturing and sales on four continents and the world leader in fiber-cement construction products. We dominate 90% of that marketplace, hold numerous patents on our technologies, and are continually investing in innovating our product base and furthering our R&D. Our goal is to grow our annual revenue to $2 billion in the next two years.
Job Description: Customer Account Representative
As a member of Customer Operations, you are part of a fast-paced, critical thinking, and high pressure environment. Our representatives are always on top of their game, constantly providing support to not only our customer base, but all facets of Supply Chain. You will be held accountable for issue resolution via phone and email, order entry, as well as providing status updates from when an order is placed to when it is delivered. We pride ourselves on constantly improving our processes, which means part of your success at James Hardie includes brainstorming and creating new ways to be more efficient.
Hardest Part of the job?
Our Customer Operations team is highly metric based, which means we expect exceptional results every single day, no exceptions.
Our goals are both individual and team based:
- >90% Call Quality Score
- >96% Order Entry Accuracy
- >97% Answer Rate
- <0.1% Service Misses
- 1-3 yrs. working experience, preferably in a customer-centered, high urgency environment
- Experience operating under minimal supervision, acting in an autonomous manner
- Strong multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail + heavy data-entry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of Business, Economics, Engineering, or Supply Chain preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
- $18/hr. + overtime (Full time role)
- 401K Retirement Plan – James Hardie will match 100% of employees saved dollars up to the first 6% of your salary
- 10 paid holidays
- Quarterly team building events
- A catalog full of professional development trainings and courses
- Various employee discount programs including discount tickets for amusement parks, recreation sites and movie theaters
- Low co-pay costs for our health insurance program (including vision, dental, medical)
- Met Life Auto & Home insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, and Accident and Life Insurance
- Fitness and commuter benefits, and much, much more!
- Oh, did we mention free-lunch Fridays?
*Most benefits begin day 1 of your employment with James Hardie*
The position may start as early as 7 AM. Flexibility is required.
231 S. LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60604
Easily accessible by public transit!
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.