The Customer Service Associate verifies, registers, and complete scheduling of appointments and other duties as assigned.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: UChicago Medicine-Ingalls Memorial
For nearly a century we have pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area’s most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality.
Job Description: Customer Service Associate
Under the supervision of Patient Access Manager, verifies, registers, scheduling of appointments and completes authorization for all third party payors according to industry, federal and state, billing and collection regulations for all Infusion and other hospital-related services. Maintains, abreast of all regulations affecting appropriate billing and collections of accounts, performs all clerical processing for completion and disposition of assigned accounts, handles patient, third-party payor inquiries, makes necessary follow-up on those arrangements ensuring compliance with appropriate hospital and departmental collection policies and procedures assuring satisfactory disposition of all encounters.
Skills and Requirements:
Two-three years of demonstrated experience in hospital patient access, registration or patient accounts, required.
- Demonstrated ability to type 35-45 word per minute (wpm) required.
- Extensive knowledge of third-party, payor/regulatory agency requirements.
- Experience in basic computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of computerized admission and accounts receivable systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others in areas of continuous process improvement, customer service delivery, and self-directed teamwork.
- Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with patient, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Proficient use of, or demonstrate ability to learn computer on unit/department according to policy/procedure.
Must have completed high school or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Wellness Program
Location Varies on Needs:
Harvey, Calumet City, Tinley Park, South Holland, and Flossmoor. Candidates must be able to rotate locations during the shift.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.