Join Divvy’s fast growing team as they gear up for a summer of bike sharing! Divvy is now hiring part-time Rebalancers to drive around Chicago’s neighborhoods rotating, docking, and deploying Divvy’s classic blue bicycles!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Divvy
Divvy is Chicago’s bike share system—operated by Motivate International, Inc.—with hundreds of stations and thousands of bikes available across the city. Under contract with the City of Chicago DOT, Divvy is excited to expand operations and seeks talented individuals to help build the most convenient, fast, fun, and affordable way to get around Chicago.
Position Summary: Rebalancer (Driver)
Divvy is seeking part time drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle rebalancing. The Rebalancing Team is required to drive Sprinter vans in the greater Chicago area to help maintain optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members. This is a part-time, non-exempt, seasonal, union position
24-30 hours per week depending on performance and availability (various shifts early morning to late evening)
Key Aspects of Position:
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Operations Manager
- Drives a large van or SUV with trailer to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand data
- Addresses and logs bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed
- Evaluates bike condition, and escalates issues, as needed
- Inspects bike stations for safety, operability and cleanliness
- Troubleshoots stations and ensures station operability
- Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Experience driving a large van or similar in city traffic
- Knowledge of Chicago geography/street layout
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to have the ability to work various shifts, as assigned
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience driving a Sprinter van or a similarly large vehicle in an urban environment
- Previous delivery driving, mechanical and/or logistics experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate’s Mission.
Motivate is a drug-free workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.