Are you an upbeat professional who loves interacting with potential customers? Join the James Hardie Field Brand Ambassador team today! Brand Ambassadors spend their time in the field to promote the brand, generate leads, schedule appointments, and support contractors that sell products. If you have a desire to grow your skills and jumpstart your career at an industry leader, apply today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: James Hardie
James Hardie is looking for entry-level candidates to add to our growing Marketing team! We not only want people who are upbeat and excited about interacting with potential customers, but also people who have a desire to lead and gain supervisory experience down the road. Our unique marketing model involves getting out of the office and into the field to promote our brand, generate leads, schedule appointments, and support the contractors that sell our premiere products.
Our Brand Ambassadors spend about 75% of their time in the field generating leads in more upscale neighborhoods, where the homes are of an age where they may need to be sided or re-sided in the near future. In addition to canvassing these neighborhoods, our Brand Ambassadors will do local community events and retail promotions (25%), everything from setting up at fairs, to doing weekend promotions in retail Big Box stores, to wine festivals, street fairs, and assisting at home shows or other similar events.
At James Hardie, you will find a fast-paced, high energy work environment. We seek to maintain an entrepreneurial atmosphere where people are empowered to “run with” their part of the business to make it successful. As one of the fastest growing companies in the building materials sector, you will have the opportunity for development and career advancement into other departments of the business, such as Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Marketing, Management (within Ambassador Program), Organizational Development, or Field Auditing/Pricing.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation to and from work (company vehicle will be used during work hours)
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates must be bright, hardworking, driven, and strong problem solvers
- Passion for results and competitive drive
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to be approved for local permitting applications
- Ability to walk at least 5 miles per day
- Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends
- 40 hours per week – Tuesday through Saturday
- Work hours: Arrive at local office by 10am, take company vehicle out to field until 6pm, return in company vehicle to local office by 7pm
- This is considered a full-time seasonal role with benefits that runs from February-November 2019. After that, Field Brand Ambassadors have the opportunity (based on performance) to join other departments and teams at James Hardie.
Compensation & Benefits
- $19.40 per hour
- Comprehensive health plan, including medical, dental, vision, and prescription
- Week long paid training at company headquarters in Chicago, IL (2/25/19-3/1/19)
- Monthly team building events and incentives
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with 6% match
- Vacation plan and 10 paid holidays
- iPad and iPhone for work
Field Brand Ambassadors will meet each morning in the Rosemont office (candidates must be able to commute here–conveniently accessible by public transit!). The team will then go out together to surrounding suburbs in a company vehicle.
About James Hardie Building Products
Recognized as one of the 100 Most Trusted Companies in America by Forbes Magazine, James Hardie has been in business for over 125 years. We are a global company with manufacturing and sales on four continents and the world leader in fiber-cement construction products. We dominate 90% of that marketplace, hold numerous patents on our technologies, and are continually investing in innovating our product base and furthering our R&D. Our goal is to grow our annual revenue to $2 billion in the next two years.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.