The Barista is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within an establishment and performing other support functions which may include cleaning the food preparation, customer seating or stock areas and maintaining inventory.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: HMSHost
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost is a recognized industry leader who creates innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, HMSHost uses their experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
HMSHost has more than 300 international, regional, local and proprietary brands in its portfolio including exclusive relationships with hundreds of consumer favorites such as Starbucks, Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless, California Pizza Kitchen, Beaudevin Wine Bar, Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chili’s Too, and Tim Horton’s to name a few.
The Barista is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within an establishment and performing other support functions which may include cleaning the food preparation, customer seating or stock areas and maintaining inventory; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about products and looks for an opportunity to “up-sell” products
- Prepares all drink orders to HMSHost standards
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all HMSHost customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Educates and informs customers about the differences among coffee beans, coffee preparation and home brewing methods
- Cleans and stocks customer area
- Follows HMSHost operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to learn and maintain knowledge of products and procedures
- Some cash handling and customer service experience preferred
O’Hare International Airport – easily accessible by public transit
HMS Host is a(n)
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.