Concordance Healthcare Solutions has a job opening and exciting opportunity for multiple full-time Order Pickers in both the Low Unit of Measure and Bulk Shipping departments at our new Chicago distribution center.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Concordance Healthcare Solutions, LLC
Concordance Healthcare Solutions, LLC was formed through a merger between three independent healthcare distributors, Kreisers, Inc., Seneca Medical, and MMS – A Medical Supply Company. We are committed to being the most respected, innovative, national, multi-market healthcare solutions company earning the highest level of trust by operating with integrity, unwavering commitment and exceptional service through our culture of excellence. Through our dedicated staff of over 1,000 employees, working in strategically-located distribution centers across the country, we offer dynamic supply chain solutions to the entire healthcare continuum.
Job Description: Order Picker
An Order Picker is responsible for locating merchandise using voice pick system and accurately pulling, checking and packaging the correct items needed to complete a customer’s order. These positions are 40 hours per week. Some holidays and overtime, as required. There are 2 shifts: midday shift and afternoon shift, exact hours of shift will be determined based upon customer delivery needs.
What you will do:
- In addition to locating, pulling and packaging merchandise; reports inventory discrepancies and shortages to supervisor, researches as needed to locate short product and maintain high fill rate.
- Stages picked merchandise in the proper area adjusting as space needs may require, reporting any areas of concern to supervisor proactively.
- Maintains a clean, orderly work environment. Cleans and straightens while performing general duties. General custodial assignments (including trash detail,) when needed. Follows established cleaning schedule. Reports damages/disorderly areas to supervisor.
- Adhere to all customer requests according to established policies.
- Works proactively to foster and maintain a positive team oriented atmosphere at all times. Works together with fellow associates as a team to promote the goals and common good of the company.
- Operates all warehouse equipment efficiently in a safe manner to avoid injury to personnel and equipment. Reports any mechanical issue(s) to supervisor upon discovery. Maintains equipment as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful:
- Previous warehouse experience is a plus
- Able to operate or willing to learn how to operate powered industrial equipment. This may include operating an order picker, walker-rider, and an electronic pallet jack; as well as working at heights up to 25 feet
- Must be able to perform all physical motions typical of an order picker including bending, reaching, stretching, walking, pushing carts, stand or walk for long periods and for entire shift, often over 8hrs/shift, and lifting as much as 75 pounds (or more), and push/pull carts weighing 75 pounds (or more) repeatedly throughout the shift. With or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficient with basic arithmetic calculations
- Previous experience with voice pick systems is preferred
- Attention to detail is crucial for this position
- Able to work in fast paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Excellent previous attendance history
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced ever changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- $15 – $16 per hour
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, PTO, Paid Holiday
- 401K Retirement Plan – Company funding
- Company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing Program
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.