Join the PepsiCo team at their 35th Street distribution center! PepsiCo is now hiring Delivery Drivers to assist in the delivery of products to stores, rotating and stocking of products on-site, and develop relationships with customers!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2017 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. They have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2017 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo began in 1965 with the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay.
Job Description: Delivery Driver
Position delivers products to stores on an established route or via dynamic dispatch to customers including convenience and gas stores, small supermarkets, drug stores, etc. (average of 15-20 stops per day). Drives the delivery vehicle to a location, unloads and brings products into the store. Is responsible for ongoing rotating and stocking of products on store shelves, displays, vending equipment, and in coolers. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Generates invoices and is responsible for daily settlement of cash and charges. Has frequent interaction with store management.
Key Aspects of Position
- Labor intensive; lifting, loading, pushing, pulling, a high volume of cases of product per day ranging from 20-45 lbs
- Delivery products in a wide range of weather conditions directly to stores
- Stock and rotate products on store shelves, displays, and coolers
- Merchandising products and setting up displays
- Generating invoices and settlement of charges
- Developing relationship with customers
- Working as part of an account team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Reaching, squatting, and bending while delivering and merchandising products in the store
- 21 years or older
- Valid CDL license
- Pass DOT physical and DOT road test
- Follow DOT regulations
- Pass drug screen
- Pass background check
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Operating trucks requiring a CDL
- Delivering products directly to stores
- Merchandising products
- Operating hand held computers
- Operating pallet jacks, hand trucks, and breakdowns
- Stacking products efficiently
- Being a great team player
Hourly rate starts at $19.35/hour
1400 W. 35 Street
Chicago, IL 60609
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.