Join the PepsiCo team at their 35th Street distribution center! PepsiCo is now hiring Merchandisers to assist in the setup of products within stores, including rotating and stocking of products on-site, display promotional materials, and developing relationships!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2017 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. They have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2017 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo began in 1965 with the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay.
Job Description: Merchandiser
Position is responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores (Grocery, etc.). This includes stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, stocking and rotating products in coolers, organizing and rotating products in storage rooms, and moving products from storage to the sales floor. This position interacts with personnel at the store location. This position is labor intensive, requiring lifting, loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly over 10-12 hour work period, as well as bending, reaching and squatting while merchandising and moving products.
Key Aspects of Position
- Labor intensive; lifting, loading, pushing, pulling, a high volume of cases of product per day ranging from 20-45 lbs
- Merchandise store shelving, coolers, and displays with products in assigned accounts
- Rotate products in the backroom and on shelves using U boats, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc
- Communicate store issues to store management and PepsiCo management
- Display promotional material such as signs and banners in accounts
- Build customer relationships and deliver great services
- Operate independently
- Use handheld devices to input orders
- Working as part of an account team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Reaching, squatting, and bending while delivering and merchandising products in the store
- 18 years or older
- Must have personal vehicle to access multiple store locations within assigned shift
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
- Pass drug screen
- Pass background check
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working for a retail business or grocery store (understanding store operations, backroom, inventory, stocking, etc.)
- Merchandising products
- Operating handheld computers/devices
- Operating pallet jacks, hand trucks, and breakdowns
- Serving customers
- Being a great team player
Hourly rate starts at $14.35/hour.
1400 W 35 Street
Chicago, IL 60609
(and throughout Chicagoland area)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.