Administrative Assistant – Multiple Opportunities
Are you an innovative, detailed, administrative professional with clerical and/or project-related experience? If this describes you, you may be the right candidate for the Administrative Assistant position at Rush University Medical Center!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
- Day Shift (between the hours of 7AM to 5PM).
- Competitive candidates will have 2-5 years of progressive administrative/clerical experience supporting management-level staff.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible to effectively perform administrative and/or project-related duties supporting department operations.
- The individual who holds this position exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures, including complying with all Rush University Medical Group Customer Service Standards.
- General office duties which include answering phones, greeting and directing visitors; assisting and supporting staff.
- Interface with Rush administrators and on some occasions, senior leadership (contingent upon the position).
- Develop memorandums, letters, academic documents, invitations, flyers and other correspondence as applicable.
- Proofread and edit correspondence, transcribe notes, schedule meetings, travel arrangements and reimbursement as applicable.
- Responsible for prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and managing a variety projects as applicable.
- Professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Create, prepare and distribute reports and correspondence for various departments.
- Faxing and photocopying, prepare and distribute annual and monthly department calendars.
- Delivers and retrieves mail/documents/packages as necessary throughout the medical center.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite software to deliver on tasks (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook); candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a skills-assessment on Microsoft Office Suite
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to five years of progressive experience in an administrative role, preferably in healthcare
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and scheduling software
- Able to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work Independently
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and set priorities
- Rush’s new 14-story hospital is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
- Rush University Medical Center is a three time Magnet facility located in Chicago, IL – www.rush.edu
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 licensed beds.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.