The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests in their section as well as other sections; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: HMSHost
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost is a recognized industry leader who creates innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, HMSHost uses their experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
HMSHost has more than 300 international, regional, local and proprietary brands in its portfolio including exclusive relationships with hundreds of consumer favorites such as Starbucks, Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless, California Pizza Kitchen, Beaudevin Wine Bar, Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chili’s Too, and Tim Horton’s to name a few.
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests in their section as well as other sections; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending up local requirements.
- Takes food and beverage orders, places orders, delivers orders, checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction, observes guests to respond to any additional needs
- Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc
- Presents check for payment and provides change as needed
- Follows HMSHost customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately
Skills & Requirements
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
- Requires at least 6 months of closely related serving experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay
- Full benefits package
- Travel stipend
- Advancement opportunities
O’Hare Airport – easily accessible by public transit
HMS Host is a(n)
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.