Skills Beacon Program Overview:
Looking for more than a job? Skills for Chicagoland’s Future and AT&T have partnered together to provide an opportunity for candidates in the Chicagoland area. Qualified participants in this program will work full-time at AT&T as a Customer Care Associate while building experience and gaining knowledge through on-the-job and classroom based training. Skills participants in this program will receive mentoring and supportive services throughout the duration on the program at no cost! Successful participants can advance along a career path at AT&T leading to professional growth, career advancement, and higher earnings!
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future Beacon Program BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be between 18-29 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Live in Cook County
- Be unemployed or working less than 32 hours per week
- Open availability – call center hours: 7 am – 11 pm; must be available to work any shift between these hours
- Must be available for 6 weeks of paid training
- Meet all of the AT&T qualifications below
Skills Beacon program Application Deadline: January 17, 2019
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
What you’ll do:
Job Title: Customer Care Associate
AT&T Chicago Job Description
What’s in it for you?
To experience our Integrated Service Model Centers, click the link to see our remodeled Chicago Center.
Start with the paycheck: Customer Care Associates make $16.91 per hour ($35,178.00). Additional financial incentives are currently available based on performance. AND, you receive an automatic pay increase every 6 months of active service up to top pay!
You’ll receive 50% off your AT&T wireless service and discounts on other AT&T products and services (i.e. DirecTV, WIFI, etc.).
Add to all of that a full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and work/life resources.
To hear testimonials from several of our successful call center employees that have advanced their careers within AT&T, click here .
What you’ll do:
Handles customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one call resolution. Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer’s business. Handles business transactions in connection with activation of new customer accounts on a computer terminal. Communicates with customers using web-based tools and demonstrates the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. Makes financial decisions to protect/collect revenues and adjusts customer accounts. May sell all products and services offered by the company. Has broad working knowledge of AT&T practices and operations and demonstrates continued and consistent proficiency in most of the skill sets utilized within the Host Call Center. May assist management with scheduling and tracking of the workforce and vacation schedules in accordance with set Company guidelines and requirements. May assist in training new employees. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- Answers customer requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
- Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate and service customers.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
- Make recommendations according to customer’s needs.
- Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services.
- Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
- Solid problem-solving skills for the purpose of determining and solving customer billing issues
- Strong verbal and phone skills for the purpose of gathering data for problem-solving and for communicating results to customers.
- Employee may be required to sit for long periods of time on the phone while using computers.
- 6 months to 1 year of customer service/sales experience preferred
Applicants will be expected to pass any assessments or tests associated with the position.
Study Guide for pre-employment screening (click the link below to open the study guide)
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Classroom training
- On-the-job training
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.