Looking to jumpstart your business development and sales career within Chicago’s tech scene? Join Solstice as a Business Development Representative! In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting new clients to increase brand awareness and generating qualified leads through in-depth industry research. To be successful, you must be innovative, persistent, goal-drive, patient, detail-oriented, and passionate about growing in sales and tech.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Solstice
Solstice is a digital transformation consulting firm, delivering engaging strategies and products to the world’s leading organizations. We are not a conventional company, and we have no intentions of becoming one. Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations.
Our people always come first. That’s why we’ve created a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity. From Chicago to New York, to Buenos Aires, we are always reimagining how we work and how we can make a difference in the world around us.
WE EXIST TO PROVE WHAT HUMANITY IS CAPABLE OF
We’re passionate, smart, fun people who love what we do. Every day we face great opportunities to learn and grow. We encourage each other. We build relationships. We work hard. We play hard. Ultimately, we are a group of servant leaders that don’t just care about doing a good job, but we care about making others great at theirs.
The role: Business Development Representative
We are immediately seeking a Business Development Representative to cultivate opportunities and help continue to grow revenue across a number of territories and industries.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Lead, your sales efforts will help build customer value and drive new business. This position is a lead development role and you will be responsible for positioning Solstice’s solutions to companies in key verticals and markets. Activities involve prospecting, lead qualification, and participating in industry networking events to build overall sales pipelines.
The most successful people in this role have a passion for the emerging tech space and are highly motivated, productive, analytical and organized.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities through cold calling, social selling, and networking
- Uncover interested prospects and decision-makers in key verticals (financial services, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and retail) to initiate sales process
- Develop, maintain, and expand your database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of Solstice solution expertise and competitive intelligence, becoming an expert on customer experience and emerging technology
- Work closely with Directors of Client Engagement to develop strategy surrounding targeted industries and territories
- Develop sales plans in order to achieve individual and company goals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends and challenges
- Meet or exceed monthly individual and team goals
What we’re looking for in you:
- 1-3 years of sales experience (but can accept less for highly talented individuals)
- Proven ability to prospect, build lists, cold call and create new sales opportunities
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, communication and time management skills
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and emerging technology is desired, but not required
- A 4-year degree is desired
- Driven to succeed and grow is required
Guaranteed base salary + uncapped commission based on qualified lead generation
Candidates must have some flexibility, though typical hours are M-F, 8 AM-6 PM.
111 N. Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60606. Conveniently accessible by public transit!
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.