Bring your full stack development skills and natural curiosity for all things tech to the Junior Software Developer role at Solstice! In this high-energy role, you will consult Fortune 500 clients to build enterprise grade cloud native applications using Java and .NET and create great user experiences. Solstice has a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity through ongoing trainings on various technologies.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Solstice
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must to be successful at Solstice.
Our people always come first. From Chicago to New York, to Buenos Aires, we are always reimagining how we work and how we can make a difference in the world around us.
WE EXIST TO PROVE WHAT HUMANITY IS CAPABLE OF…
We’re passionate, smart, fun people who love what we do. Every day we face great opportunities to learn and grow. We encourage each other. We build relationships. We work hard. We play hard. Ultimately, we are a group of servant leaders that don’t just care about doing a good job, but we care about making others great at theirs.
Solstice is seeking a Junior Software Developer to join our Cloud Practice.
Your Profile Includes:
- Graduate in Computer Science or a related field
- Mobile development experience through classwork, personal study, and projects, or past internship(s)
- Analytical mind with a strong background and familiarity with OO technologies and programming
- Great communication skills and enjoy working on a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive, self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy, rapidly growing environment
- You have an interest in consulting
What You Will Be Doing:
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Intensive workshops and trainings on technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, paired-programming, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and other cloud native development skills
- Building enterprise Java and .NET applications
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technologies
- Learning about proper documentation for your code
Competitive compensation + bonus potential
Candidates must have some flexibility, though typical hours are M-F, 8 AM-6 PM.
111 N. Canal Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Convenient West Loop location that is accessible by public transit!
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.