Help create a a positive guest experience by accurately completing orders, serving customers, and reconciling customer’s bill for all food and beverage items as a cashier at Midway International Airport!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Company Overview: SSP America
SSP America is a trailblazing company changing the face of dining at airports across North America. Our success is built on drive, determination, great ideas and a diverse team of talented ‘food travel experts’ who strive to triumph in everything we do. You don’t become a food travel expert by simply wearing a badge or a hat; you become an expert through time, education, experience and personal drive. That’s why we recruit talented individuals and have a vested interest in their development. We help our team members achieve their highest potential throughout their career with SSP in a positive and enjoyable working environment. Armed with a team that shares our passion for food and superior service, we are able to create and deliver the best experiences possible for all our guests.
Job Description: Cashier
To create a positive guest experience by accurately completing orders, serving customers, and reconciling customer’s bill for all food and beverage items. These tasks are to be done in a professional, friendly, helpful, and timely manner resulting in the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Understand that our guest is our #1 priority.
- Process orders and enter them accurately into the POS system.
- Receive payment from the customer and process change.
- Serve cold, frozen, and hot drinks as well as a wide variety of food items to guests.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Ensure that the work area is clean throughout the day.
- Clean equipment and utensils, remove trash, sweep and mop work area, dust and clean.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote a variety of menu items.
- Ability to understand basic POS operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- 6 months’ experience working in retail or food service environment is essential.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Verbal and written communication is essential. Able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Experience in dealing with problems involving customer service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change , total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and total all other charges.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard & point of sale procedures to pre-check an order & close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
Midway International Airport
5700 S. Cicero Ave.
Chicago, IL 60638
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug-Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.