Play a key role in the manufacturing of water faucets and values as a Material Handler, Assembler, or Coating Racker. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: WaterSaver
WaterSaver Faucet Co. manufactures precision valves and faucets for science laboratories. Our sister company Guardian Equipment Inc. makes industrial safety products. We are a third-generation, family-owned company that has been in business for seventy years. Our products are used all over the world and we are the worldwide leader in our industry. Our two factories are located just north of downtown Chicago, in the River West. The facilities are easy to get to from the Kennedy Expressway (I90) and by public transportation. We also have free parking in gated lots.
Various Manufacturing Roles Available
- Material Handler
- Coating Racker
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills
- Must be able to read and understand requisitions, catalog drawings, bills of materials, work instructions, routings, etc.
- Must be forklift certified (Material Handler only)
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to facility the smooth flow of production
- 1 year of prior experience is preferred
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (standing, walking, bending, and lifting/moving up to 50 lbs)
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($12.50 – $14.00 depending on position and experience)
- Union position, medical, holiday pay, and pension
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
701 W Erie St
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.