The Service Representative (Teller) is accountable for delivering superior customer service that defines great customer experience, in performing a variety of basic banking services. One year of cash handling or customer service experience required.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: BMO Harris Bank
BMO Harris Bank provides a broad range of personal banking products and solutions through over 600 branches and approximately 1,300 ATMs in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Arizona and Florida. These include solutions for everyday banking, financing, investing, as well as a full suite of integrated commercial and financial advisory services. BMO Harris Bank’s commercial banking team provides a combination of sector expertise, local knowledge and mid-market focus throughout the U.S. We partner closely with BMO Private Bank who serve a full range of client segments, from mainstream to ultra-high net worth, with a broad offering of wealth management products and solutions offered through offices across the United States.
As a high performing team member of the Retail Banking team, the Service Representative is accountable for delivering superior customer service that defines great customer experience, in performing a variety of basic banking services. The Service Representative is also accountable for referring prospects to Personal Bankers and other banking groups to deliver clarity (simplicity, guidance, and know-how) to our customers.
- Count, sort and package currency and coin quickly and accurately.
- Balance assigned cash drawer in accordance to Bank directives.
- Exhibit effective follow through and ownership in every customer interaction.
- Provide training to new Service Representative, as applicable.
- Handling of special services, such as foreign money and collections.
- Accept and process customer transactions accurately and timely.
- Provide professional, courteous and friendly customer service, greeting all customers promptly and pleasantly.
- Ensure name tags and dates are always displayed.
- Support professional bank image by ensuring care for the branch environment and appearance of the branch as well as personal appearance.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Attend all branch meetings.
- Identifies customer needs and matches needs with appropriate product or service, utilizing opportunities to suggest or cross-sell other bank products and services.
- Makes qualified referrals to other team members including other lines of business.
- Meets or exceeds all personal referral goals as defined.
- Participates in all training relative to bank products and services.
- Supports bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities as required.
- Stay current on BMO Harris digital banking capabilities. Inform and help educate customers on how to complete basic activities using digital banking and self-service technologies. Refer customers to Retail Relationship Banker for digital demos, enrollment, and activation where appropriate.
- Identifies risks associated with regulatory compliance, overdraft authority and bank secrecy act.
- Adheres to all bank policies, directives and procedures.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed for all transactions.
- Ensures all security measures are followed.
- Manages and adheres to cash drawer limits set by the bank.
- 1 year of cash handling or customer service experience
- Preferred, not required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to develop customer relationships.
- Ability to make sound transactional decisions to ensure policies and directives are met.
- Ability to accurately understand and respond appropriately when interacting with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to take responsibility for personal performance and development.
- Comfortable using, advising on, and engaging customers in digital and other innovative forms of banking.
Openness and Adaptability to change
- Ability to adapt to rapid advancements in technology, and the changing nature of the banking environment. Open to learning and adopting new technology and/or ways of working.