Under general supervision of an Environmental Services supervisor, the EVS Tech cleans, maintains and services assigned areas throughout the Medical Center.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Under general supervision of an Environmental Services supervisor, the EVS Tech cleans, maintains and services assigned areas throughout the medical Center.
Position Responsibilities :
- Must demonstrate, after training, skill and controlling of cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills and knowledge of proper use of chemicals and equipment in cleaning, to achieve desired results.
- Must be able to 10 Step Clean and isolation clean a patient room, cycle clean OR and L&D suites, and terminal clean areas as needed.
- Must be able to use electronic Bed Tracking System.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control cleaning equipment and materials up to 150 pounds in weight and move large trash objects and containers.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal & communication skills.
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Ability to understand written English and oral instructions
- Ability to work a rotating shift
- Prior cleaning experience a minimum of a 1 year of experience , preferably in a hospital environment
Part Time (20-25 hours a week)
Rotating Shift – must be available for first, second, or third shift as well as weekends
Starting Pay: $13.90 Union