Take charge of your career path, create your own success, and serve as the face of a financial center with Bank of America! Relationship Managers build and strengthen relationships with individual customers and small business clients by educating them on financial services and products that would benefit them.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. We deliver this through a strategy of responsible growth that includes a focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership.
We are driving growth – helping to create jobs, develop communities, foster economic mobility and address society’s biggest challenges – while managing risk and providing a return to our clients and our shareholders. Because we recognize that we can only be successful when the individuals, companies, communities and employees we serve are able to reach their vision of success.
At Bank of America, customers are at the center of everything we do. Our focus is on helping each one find the right financial solutions. We invite you to realize your career goals with us while assisting customers with what matters most to them.
Job Description: Relationship Manager
Relationship Managers are the face of Bank of America in our financial centers, bringing our products and services to life for all of our clients. They focus the majority of their time deepening relationships by connecting customers to sales specialists and offering appropriate financial solutions and services to both individual and small business clients. As part of our team, you will have access to industry leading solutions and a team of dedicated product specialists – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of your clients – things like managing expenses, building wealth, managing debt, buying a home, saving for college or planning for unexpected life events. As part of the Financial Center Academy at Bank of America, you will benefit from personal coaching, clearly defined career paths, robust training programs and ongoing development opportunities – including a 10-week new hire program.
Located in a Financial Center, Relationship Managers will focus the majority of their time on deepening customer relationships by referring customers to sales specialists and selling financial products and services to both individual and small business customers/clients. Relationship Managers will engage in daily outbound calling to pre-selected Bank of America customers inviting them into the Financial Center for an appointment and will also assist in servicing customer needs where applicable. Relationship Managers will report to a local Market Sales Manager. They will partner closely with Financial Center Managers to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs
- Proven results exceeding goals in a customer-centric, results-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others outside of reporting authority to achieve shared goals
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or escalate as needed to promote customer satisfaction
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our customers’ financial lives
- Demonstrates initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet customers’ needs
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize and delegate while delivering results
- Strong communication skills (including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation) and active listening skills
- Availability to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to operate the business
- Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within 4 months of start date in role
- Experience in financial services and prior knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions
- Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services
- Prior sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals where goals were met or exceeded routinely
- Prior experience servicing and delighting customers
Compensation and Benefits:
$45,000+ (depending on experience), plus bonuses, commission, & other incentives
Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurances; 401K; & PTO
Scheduled (8-hour) Shifts:
A 40-hour week may include Monday-Thursday, 8:15 AM-5:30 PM; Friday, 8:15 AM-6:30 PM; and/or Saturday, 8:00 AM-1:45 PM.
Various Chicagoland locations
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.