Help to provide exceptional service and authentic hospitality in this position with Hyatt! As part of the housekeeping team, you will work in a fast-paced environment with constant customer interaction to ensure the cleanliness of guest rooms and/or all public spaces. Employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential. Start your career at Hyatt today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Hyatt Hotels Corporation
As we continue to grow, we don’t lose sight of what’s most important–people. Hyatt is a company that was built by family. It’s a workplace where coworkers become friends. Every day we care for our guests. Care is at the heart of our business, and it’s this distinct guest experience that makes Hyatt one of the world’s best hospitality brands.
Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of September 30, 2016, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 13 brands and more than 600 properties in more than 50 countries.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met–they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
You will help ensure guests have an excellent stay by cleaning and servicing assigned rooms or areas according to established standards. You must have exceptional communication skills as well as superior guest service abilities.
- Maintain the cleanliness of guest rooms, including cleaning rooms, making beds, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, removing trash, replenishing supplies, and performing quality checks
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and ensure that the hotel is properly protected from soil, cleaned regularly, and maintained to a high level of appearance
- Ensure efficient compliance with policies and procedures; brand standards; and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Serve as a hotel ambassador by always greeting hotel guests in a friendly, warm manner
- Respond to guests’ questions, complaints, comments, and requests in a courteous and professional manner, or refer to management if necessary
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment, or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others
- A passion for providing exceptional hospitality and for growing within the hospitality industry
- Previous cleaning experience preferred
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 pounds
- Ability to frequently stand up and move about the facility, bend, stoop, and kneel for up to 8 hours per shift
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with constant communication and interaction with colleagues and customers
- Ability to understand instructions and learn procedures and techniques
- Ability to perform routine work or the same task over and over again
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hyatt employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential.
SCHEDULE: Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
LOCATION: This position will be located at one of the following hotels. Both locations are conveniently accessible by public transit!
- Hyatt Regency Chicago (151 East Wacker Drive, 60601)
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 60616)
WHY JOIN HYATT
Are you motivated and passionate? Do you have a sense of fun? Are you enthusiastic about serving others and applying your individual creativity at work every day? Whether you are looking for a specific job, an opportunity in a particular destination, or a global career that spans across countries and continents – at Hyatt you are always ‘more than welcome’.
And we touch many lives. There are more than 95,000 Hyatt colleagues in 500-plus properties on six continents; we serve millions of guests annually; and we work with hundreds of hotel owners, managers, suppliers, and community partners. Through our vast network of relationships, we believe we have an opportunity to make a real difference.
Our values – Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun – are our guiding principles and they have shaped our culture over the years. By joining Hyatt, you will have a unique opportunity to experience ‘authentic hospitality’ as one of our colleagues. You will continue to learn new skills and acquire additional knowledge, and develop in your career to fulfill your personal and professional goals.
As a colleague of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, you will also be a part of a larger family. Your team will support your well-being and you will be part of a collaborative work environment.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.