Play a key role in the manufacturing of seating products as an Assembler, Welder, or Material Handler. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating related products for many different applications. Freedman Seating’s product lines include bus, rail, marine, delivery truck, specialty and commercial vehicle seating. Consistent growth and expansion has earned Freedman Seating recognition as the leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Manufacturing seats for buses, Freedman Seating supplies the major OEMs, over 250 bus distributors, the federal government, and many states and municipalities. The family of Freedman Seating bus seats includes products for small and mid-size coaches, paratransit vans and buses, public transit buses, and private bus operators. Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
Monday – Friday
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift opportunities available
Various Manufacturing Roles Available
- Welder (MIG)
- Material Handler
- Machine Operator
- Robotic Welder
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($10.50 – $12.50 depending on position and experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Specific machinery knowledge based on position (forklift, welding devices, machine operators, etc.)
- 6 months of prior experience in a warehouse setting (1 year preferred)