Ramp Agents load and unload, freight, mail bags and other cargo to/from aircraft. Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and the ability to carry 50 lbs.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Total Airport Services
Total Airport Services, LLC, is an airline service company headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz. TAS operates at seven airports throughout the United States, providing ramp tower control services, ground handling, cargo and mail handling, passenger services, into-plane fuel services, fuel and fuel management, and airport support services.
O’Hare Airport in Chicago
Loads and unloads, freight, mail bags and other cargo to/from aircraft.
- Loads and unloads, freight, mail bags and other cargo to/from aircraft.
- Transports freight, mail bags and other cargo to/from aircraft.
- Sets up in preparation for aircraft arrival.
- Prepares ground support equipment (GSE) for operation.
- Prepares ramp for next arriving aircraft.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Valid IL State Driver’s License
Schedule & Work Environment
Monday – Friday: 8:00pm to 2:00am
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes/airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals; and regularly exposed to working near moving parts; working in high places; and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.