Play a key role in the logistics and distribution of cargo as either a Ramp Agent or Warehouse Agent with Alliance Ground International. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple cross-training opportunities.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Alliance Ground International (AGI)
Job Description: Warehouse and Ramp Agent
Warehouse Agent Responsibilities
- Performs duties within the warehouse based upon the needs of the client you are assigned
- Load/unload freight from trucks
- Breakdown freight from pallets to be re-positioned for final destination
- Tie-down freight onto pallets
- Push and lift freight by hand
Ramp Agent Responsibilities
- Performs duties on the runway based upon the needs of the client you are assigned
- Operate motorized towing tractors
- Connect and operate ground support equipment
- Load and unload cargo on aircraft
- Communicate effectively with all teammates and other entities on the runway
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must be able to routinely lift/move up to 70 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Warehouse or general labor experience a plus
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages, plus overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Holiday pay (eligible after 6 months tenure)
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
517 Express Center Drive
Chicago, IL 60666
Warehouse complex located at the south end of O’Hare International Airport.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.