Help to provide exceptional service and authentic hospitality in this position with Hyatt! The Public Area Attendant maintains overall cleanliness of the hotel’s public space by cleaning all assigned areas thoroughly on a daily basis. Hyatt employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential. Start your career at Hyatt today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel. This person must have exceptional communication skills as well as superior guest service abilities. This position is fast-paced with constant customer interaction.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment, or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and ensure that the hotel is properly protected from soil, cleaned regularly, and maintained to a high level of appearance
- Serve as a hotel ambassador by always greeting hotel guests in a friendly, warm manner
- Respond to guests’ questions, complaints, comments, and requests in a courteous and professional manner, or refer to management if necessary
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for providing exceptional hospitality and for growing within the hospitality industry
- Ability to maintain focus on cleaning projects while coping with various other interruptions
- Ability to understand instructions and learn procedures and techniques
- Ability to perform routine work or the same task over and over again
- Ability to work individually and on a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hyatt employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential.
LOCATION: This position will be located at one of the following hotels. Both locations are conveniently accessible by public transit!
- Hyatt Regency Chicago (151 East Wacker Drive, 60601)
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 60616)
WHY JOIN HYATT
Are you motivated and passionate? Do you have a sense of fun? Are you enthusiastic about serving others and applying your individual creativity at work every day? Whether you are looking for a specific job, an opportunity in a particular destination, or a global career that spans across countries and continents – at Hyatt you are always ‘more than welcome’.
And we touch many lives. There are more than 95,000 Hyatt colleagues in 500-plus properties on six continents; we serve millions of guests annually; and we work with hundreds of hotel owners, managers, suppliers, and community partners. Through our vast network of relationships, we believe we have an opportunity to make a real difference.
Our values – Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun – are our guiding principles and they have shaped our culture over the years. By joining Hyatt, you will have a unique opportunity to experience ‘authentic hospitality’ as one of our colleagues. You will continue to learn new skills and acquire additional knowledge, and develop in your career to fulfill your personal and professional goals.
As a colleague of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, you will also be a part of a larger family. Your team will support your well-being and you will be part of a collaborative work environment.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.