Referral Specialist Assistants are responsible for providing basic clerical activities in support of a department.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
AIM Specialty Health
- Processes call outs for approved cases and verbal notification of a denial.
- Contacts physician office, as needed, to obtain demographic information or related information.
- Processes case closure and letter generation (when applicable).
- Enters information and documents communications in system.
- Works closely with the Nursing team to rectify administrative issues for cases based on business rules.
- Reviews case for completeness and follows up for additional information as final quality check to make sure cases are closed within respected timeframes
- Other duties, as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care environment; or graduate/recent graduate of a health care curriculum education.
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Solid typing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- 1 year AIM Referral Specialist II experience, or 18 months of Referral Specialist I experience is a plus
- Thorough understanding of AIM contact center operations, policies, practices and procedures will be a major plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, as well as part of a team, and to follow directives.
- Flexibility and be adaptive to change
- Able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 10:00am and 8:30pm, local time.
Compensation & Benefits
- $16.46/hour plus full benefits
- Benefits include:
- An array of Health, Dental and Vision Care Insurance plans
- Term Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tax-advantaged health care and dependent flexible spending plans
- Health club reimbursement allowance
- Licensure reimbursement for medical professionals