ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Levy Restaurants
The Levy family culture has nurtured our incredible growth from a single delicatessen in Chicago, to an industry-leading, food organization over 30 years later. Today, we create great dining experiences at restaurants throughout the country and many of the highest profile sporting and entertainment venues in the world. We’re proud that thousands of guests have savored our food at some of the most celebrated gatherings in our nation: the Super Bowl, NBA and NHL All-Star Games and the Grammy Awards.
We may not have job openings at this moment, but we are always looking for great people. Please submit your application to be considered for future Concessions Cashiers opportunities.
No one else in this business thinks quite like we do. By seamlessly blending our sense of family, genuine passion and unique mindset as restaurateurs, we continue to set ourselves apart for our guests and from our competitors, and create an amazing home for all of our hardworking, fun-spirited team members countrywide. The reason we have so many amazing people is best summed up by founder Larry Levy, “If you find a job you enjoy, you’ll never work another day in your life.”
Job Description: Concession Foodprep
The Concession Food Prep plays a vital role in delivering “best-in-class” fan experience to customers of Wrigley Field. The ideal candidate will be passionate, personable, consistent, energetic, engaging, proactive and welcoming.
- Deliver best-in-class guest service through all touch points via the Cubs Deliver best-in-class guest service through all touch points via the Cubs
- Responsible for meeting cooking par levels throughout the event
- Responsible for keeping work area and surroundings clean using sanitation standards
- Ability to work under pressure and have a sense of urgency
- Ensure high food quality is met at all times
- Responsible for the set-up of all food stations within the stand
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach, push, pull, bend and stoop
- Ability to perform under extreme work conditions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Able to work at a fast pace and walk up and down stairs and ramps
- Able to perform basic arithmetic
Are you available for all home games of the Cubs or nights and weekends only? We have both positions open!!
Hours range from 25 – 40 hrs a week.
The company is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. They are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.