The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: HMSHost
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost is a recognized industry leader who creates innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, HMSHost uses their experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
HMSHost has more than 300 international, regional, local and proprietary brands in its portfolio including exclusive relationships with hundreds of consumer favorites such as Starbucks, Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless, California Pizza Kitchen, Beaudevin Wine Bar, Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chili’s Too, and Tim Horton’s to name a few.
The Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food and beverage product.
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment.
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts, and shreds fruits and vegetables.
- Stocks, dates, rotates and checks the temperature of the product.
- Completes any other duties assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume and casual dining restaurant environment preferred.
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers.
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions.
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions.
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates.
- Frequently works in hot environment.
O’Hare Airport – easily accessible by public transit
HMS Host is a(n)
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.