Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to become a full-time Transaction Specialist at Chase Bank through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase’s Receivable Operations division supports lockbox services delivered to corporate, public sector, state government, and Federal government clients. The firm’s Receivables Operations division enables customers to accept traditional paper-based payments from clients by capturing information with efficient technology services and transferring it to an output file for accounts receivable updating. The main objective is to expedite collections of payments due by getting the check that’s “in the mail” deposited into the biller’s account as quickly as possible. A second objective is to expedite the posting of payment information, allowing the customer to update their account records.
This can substantially reduce costs and expedite the crediting of deposits to individuals accounts, which provides high customer satisfaction and a rewarding service. Our strategic focus is to deliver an extraordinary level of service and quality to our customer while leveraging the firm’s operations and technology infrastructure.
JPMorgan Chase – Transaction Specialist
- Operating Imaging/Extraction Equipment (iTRAN, IBML, OPEX 7200, OPEX 150)
- Preparing batches of work by extracting checks and remittances from envelopes
- Inputting data into the system while following standard operating procedures and customer specific instructions for processing
- Verifying negotiability of checks through customer specific instructions for processing
- Re-associating check images to corresponding material while validating quality of images
- Balancing/reconciling electronic and paper documentation
- Analyzing information to determine accuracy and completeness of work
- Conducting non-routine research
- Recommending procedural and workflow changes to enhance quality and productivity
- Making judgment calls regarding routine duties but refer non-routine situations to a supervisor and/or manager
- Demonstrating proficiency in all complexities, processing modes and department equipment
- Maintaining site productivity and quality standards
- Contributing to meeting team goals in addition to individual responsibilities
- Ensuring that all customer and bank guidelines are followed as related to operations, internal audit and security, and general practices
- Effectively utilize teamwork behaviors
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Remittance Processing or banking operations experience preferred
- Ability to analyze and comprehend client’s standard operating procedures and instructions
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Intermediate Qwerty keyboard usage and basic 10-key data entry
- Production environment focus around meeting deadlines and quotas
- Attention to detail with accuracy and good eye-hand coordination
- Strong ability to complete multiple manual tasks per transaction with precision
- Keen sense of quality control and practices
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and be utilized in all areas of operation
- Open minded with a positive attitude
- Effectively interact with all diverse groups within the organization
Physical requirements: Sitting – up to 90% of the time, Standing – up to 10% of the time, Lifting – up to 15% of the time and up to 50 pounds; Walking – up to 15% of the time
Pays 10-15% shift differential (BONUSES based on shift).
A Government Security Clearance may be required for this position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Employment History
Tax Filing History (possibly)
Proof of U.S. Legal Permanent Residence up to 7 years
This position may require you to work non-traditional hours and/or additional hours as business needs arise.
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.