Listen closely–we’re dialing you in to something huge. Inside our Call Centers, you have the chance to be our voice, solving customer issues and connecting them to the latest and greatest in tech. In return, we’ll set you up with a career with so much potential, it’s off the hook.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: AT&T
A Fortune 10 company, AT&T Inc. is a world leader in communications, media and entertainment, and technology. We operate as distinct companies and well-known brands, including AT&T Communications, AT&T International, and AT&T advertising & analytics. We are also working to close our acquisition of Time Warner. By combining AT&T’s distribution with Time Warner’s content, we’ll be able to create value for consumers, advertisers, and shareholders.
AT&T is working to improve lives every day through support for our local communities. With our signature education initiative, AT&T Aspire, we committed $400 million to help provide access to the education and training people need to get and keep good jobs. And our IT CAN WAIT campaign has inspired 20 million pledges to never text and drive.
Our history of innovation is a story about people from all walks of life coming together to improve how we interact with the world around us. Today, we’re a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and a desired business partner. We embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
Job Description: Customer Care Associate (Call Center)
Customer Care Associates answer inbound call from customers with billing issues, technical issues or general questions regarding service. Assists customers questions and concerns on all products and services offered by the Company through research and resolution using various tools and systems. Handles telephone customer contacts. Coordinates with all sales channels for retention efforts on existing customer base. May sell all products and services offered by the Company. May help collect past due balances or take payments from customers who have been disconnected. Processes credit applications and activates service. Maintains appropriate records, prepares required reports, and updates customer accounts. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas
- Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Make recommendations according to customer’s needs
- Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services
- Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required
- Solid problem-solving skills for the purpose of determining and solving customer billing issues
- Strong verbal skills and phone skills for the purpose of gathering data for problem-solving and for communicating results to customers
Employee may be required to sit for long periods of time on the phone while using computers.
6 months to 1 year of customer service/sales experience preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to pass any assessments or tests associated with the position.
- Study Guide for pre-employment screening: Call Center Assessment (CCA).
Special Job Requirements:
Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Classroom training
- On-the-job training
What’s in it for you?
Start with the paycheck: Customer Care Associates start at $17.60 per hour ($36,608).
You’ll receive 50% off your AT&T wireless service and discounts on other AT&T products and services (i.e. DirecTV – $10 month… Free HBO, WIFI, etc.).
Add to all of that a full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and work/life resources.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
- Party every (pay) day: Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
- Get some “you” time: Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
- Graduate to what’s next: Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
- Know you’re covered: Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- Save on swag: Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
- Upgrade your skill set: You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
- Stuff your piggy bank: When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Off the hook:
- 10 Reasons Why Our Call Centers are Always Winning
- Start Here—Go Anywhere: A Career Path in Our Call Centers
- 15 Ways AT&T Employees Have Fun at Work
- Call Center Real Job Preview (video)
Full-time (May require day, evening, weekend, or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required.)
2401 W. Grace Street
Chicago, IL 60618
Easily accessible by CTA trains and buses!
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. AT&T fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.