The PCNA finance team will undergo a reorganization in order to enhance the quality of the data provided to the business and deliver efficiencies. The Billing Specialist is responsible for processing, monitoring and reporting on client billing and assisting various departments with client invoice related questions or issues.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Leo Burnett
We are a creative solutions company. Simply put, we solve business problems by making brands valuable to people. We’ve helped Samsung use technology to make roads safer for drivers. We’ve helped the Art Institute of Chicago create art that people can actually live in for one night. And we’ve helped Allstate show people the risks of being unprotected when Mayhem strikes.
Headquartered in Chicago since 1935, Leo Burnett has 85 offices in more than 70 countries around the globe.
Job Description: Billing Specialist
The PCNA finance team will undergo a reorganization in order to enhance the quality of the data provided to the business and deliver efficiencies. The Billing Specialist is responsible for processing, monitoring and reporting on client billing and assisting various departments with client invoice related questions or issues. Billing Specialist is also responsible for monitoring and improving trade working capital targets for their assigned clients in active partnership with Agency departments.
- Lead monthly billing meetings with Production, Business Affairs, Client Finance and Account/Project Management
- Prepare billing reports and other production related reports for various client teams
- Verify that all documentation required by the client is included as back up for client invoices
- Ensure that client billing is issued in a timely manner
Work with Shared Services group (Re:sources) to resolve any questions or issues regarding client invoice distribution
- Manage Trade Working Capital balances and adhere to assigned TWC targets and account related goals (Work in Progress, Fee billing, and etc.) and escalating issues preventing timely billing
- Project Maintenance – ensure timely project closure, costs, and time transfers
- Understand key financial terms of client contract and works to ensure agency compliance
- Verify correct rates on projects and review SOW/contract to ensure that billing is in compliance with client contract terms
- Assist with all audits (external, client and internal audit) by providing supporting documentation
- Service Center (Re:Sources), relative to the client billing process
- Maintain accurate and easily accessible work files
- Maintain a positive approach towards all projects, including those that are outside typical job responsibilities
- Maintain a professional demeanor towards management, supervisors, peers and employees at all times
- Any miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study preferred
- 2+ years relevant work experience preferred
- Proficiency with computer applications including Excel, and Word
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of accounting principles to the Agency’s system and processes
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain professionalism when addressing issues and problems involving a variety of people
- Ability and eagerness to learn quickly in a rapidly changing fast paced environment
- Self-motivator, out of the box thinker with passion to drive reengineering throughout Finance
- Excellent system, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good sense of urgency and ownership, high reliability
- Positive approach to projects delegated outside of normal job requirements
Compensation/Benefits: Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Schedule: FT, permanent
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.