Hiring Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield (Health Care Service Corporation)
Join Blue Cross Blue Shield’s fast-growing team as they gear up for a new Morgan Park launch! Blue Cross Blue Shield is now hiring full-time Customer Advocate team members.
Why Start your Career at Health Care Service Corporation?
For more than 80 years, HCSC has been dedicated to expanding access to high-quality, cost-effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools to make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. As an industry leader, HCSC also has been helping to make the health care system work better for all Americans. To remain a leader, we offer compelling careers that encourage resourcefulness, strategic thought and empower you to make a difference in the lives of our members and their communities.
Position: Customer Advocate
Overview of Position
Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include conducting research; spends approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
* High school diploma OR GED.
* 6 months customer service experience OR 6 months experience in an office environment.
* Data entry and/or typing experience.
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision-making skills.
* Ability to spend approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
* 9 months customer service experience.
* Experience working with various lines of business, i.e. CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
* Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
* Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
*This is a union position*
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.