About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Blue Cross Blue Shield/HCSC)
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: The Infrastructure Engineer Consultant will be responsible for improving the overall End User Computing (EUC) experience through automation and design. You will provide support for the existing and future end user computing architectures and EUC roadmaps. This position is responsible for collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 years of Information Technology experience OR 9 years of Information Technology experience.
* Infrastructure Automation
* Operations Management
* ITIL v3
* IT standards, procedures, policies
* Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
* Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
* Oral & written communications
* Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
* Supplier management
* Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
* Drive cross functional execution
* Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change
* Teamwork and collaboration
* Organized and detail oriented
* Analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
*SCCM Administration, managing enterprise deployments, application packaging
*Desktop application troubleshooting
* Experience administering Microsoft Windows 7/10 environments
*Experience managing on enterprise scale of 20k plus endpoints
*Experience working with Citrix XenDesktop/VDI environments
* Experience working on agile teams
*Experience with Scripting PowerShell
*Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
*Experience with MS modern management Azure AD, Intune, Auto Pilot
*Experience with full life cycle management for software and hardware
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
|Location||IL – Chicago|
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.