Bring your strong interpersonal skills and tenacious personality to the Telesales Rep role with CNO Financial! In this full-time role, you’ll make sales calls (no cold calling!) to and receive incoming calls from customers interested in our insurance products. If you’re a natural leader who excels at customer service and sales, apply today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: CNO Financial
CNO Financial Group is middle-income America’s valued financial security partner. We provide health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. At CNO Financial, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we create for our customers, and the growth we create within our company.
Overall Job Summary:
Looking to use your Life Insurance License but hate the idea of Cold Calling, Door Knocking and Straight Commission? Colonial Penn is hiring for our next class of Insurance Sales Agents! As a Telesales Representative, you’ll make follow-up sales calls to prospective customers. Telesales Reps also handle inbound sales and customer service calls.
Our team is growing and adding new team members to our evening shift!
- Monday-Friday: 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM CT
- All shifts require that you work every fourth Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. You get a flex day in return the same week!
Come be a part of a fast-paced outbound sales environment with unlimited, uncapped bonus potential! As a Colonial Penn Evening Life Insurance Sales Agent (Telesales Rep), you earn a base hourly pay of $15.10 per hour ($16.10 for Bilingual Agents), with the opportunity for monthly bonus, without charge backs!
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drive to take at least 60 inbound sales calls per day, including follow-up calls to prospective customers. (You won’t be cold calling!)
- Handles inbound sales and customer service calls that are routine and typically follow standard procedures.
- Learns and complies with Federal and State legal requirements and standards.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- A passion to help our customers find the right product that meets their needs and their budget!
- The ability to thrive not only as an individual contributor within a sales environment, but as a team to achieve team goals.
- Good attendance/schedule adherence.
- Has desire to gain sales product knowledge.
- Builds sales and customer service skills.
- Builds knowledge of Federal and State legal requirements and standards.
- Is comfortable with computer systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Must hold an active Life Insurance License.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- This is a remote position.
To fulfill the requirements for this role, all applicants must have, at a minimum, the following:
- Computer with antivirus protection installed
- Internet access
- Personal mobile phone/device
- A headset is preferred
Interested candidates must have flexibility with scheduling and be available as business needs arise/change. Current openings are for the evening shift:
- Monday-Friday: 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM CT
- All shifts require that you work every fourth Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $15.10 per hour ($16.10 for Bilingual Agents) + uncapped bonus potential
- Benefits: Medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and tuition reimbursement