Join Discover’s fast-growing team as they launch a new site in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago. Discover is looking for a full time Senior Facilities Engineer to maintain their new location.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Discover)
Discover® is a great place to work and our employees are why. You’ll find yourself collaborating with some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals; who reward dedication, value innovation and support growth. At Discover, you can be a reason millions of consumers spend smarter and manage debt better. We are all about people and whatever your background, experience, or goals, you’ll find something different here!
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
- Plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains mechanical/electrical/HVAC operating equipment and machinery.
- Operate and maintain emergency generator and fire pump.
- Regularly conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations.
- Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment.
- Monitors the operation of all mechanical & electrical operating equipment via BAS and SCADA systems.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors for maintenance contracts and major repairs.
How You’ll Do It
- Ensure safe and proper operations of HVAC, Fire Life Safety equipment and electrical systems. Operate, maintain, and repair all auxiliary equipment associated with HVAC operations.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Monitor all available information of all Facility Support Systems displayed on the computer BAS. System. Follow up on any issues as they arise.
- Purchase repair and maintenance parts as need.
- Proactively Submit work requests for work to be done on equipment needing attention.
- Support engineering and their assigned representatives for information and execution of repairs and capital projects.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- 2+ years’ experience Stationary/Operating Engineer
- In lieu of education, 2+ years Military : HVAC, Mechanical Electrical or Plumbing
Bonus Points If You Have
- Associates Degree in Facilities Management
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.