Join the team at Motivate and help to transform the way people get around Chicago with the Divvy bike share system. Bicycle sharing is a convenient, fun and healthy transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Divvy is headquartered in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago and assists the city’s bike share system – including repairing and rebalancing bikes, maintaining the stations and docking points.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Shift Manager of Bike Fleet
Motivate is looking for a detail oriented, well organized and strong communicator to be the Shift Manager of Bike Fleet. They will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and managing the performance of the Mechanics. The Shift Manager will also be responsible for training and development of the team along with managing the quality control processes for bicycle repair.
About the Role
- Oversee bike fleet production, including measuring performance against production standards and overseeing quality control
- Manage performance of mechanics and supervisors through training, corrective action, and rewards/recognition programs
- Maintain inventory management processes, including inventory usage tracking, identification of replenishment thresholds, management of equipment and tools, and organization of assets (including bicycles) in depot
- Streamline process for recovery and disposition of used parts/components
- Develop and maintain the bike shop schedule
- Maintain a training program for mechanics and supervisors
- Perform line management duties for staff, including oversight of time clock activity, PTO usage, etc.
- Perform all other, additional duties as assigned.
- You have a college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- You are detail oriented, highly organized and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience managing large scale inventory
- You have created and managed training programs for mechanical employees
- You are willing and able to work off hours and/or weekends.
- You have a high degree of judgement and thrive in a team environment
- You are always looking for creative solutions to problems and remain open to others’ ideas
- You are excited by change and enthusiastically adapt in the work environment; manage competing demands; deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- You are dependable and trustworthy
- You are excited to work in bikeshare
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Previous transportation or logistics experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- You have previous experience working in a bike shop or within bike share company
Shift Manager of Battery Swappers
Motivate is seeking a Shift Manager of Battery Swappers/Assistant Operations Manager who will assist in ensuring efficient operations for Divvy’s E-Bike program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing operational staff, identifying process improvements, empowering employees with resources needed to conduct their duties, working in partnership with all team members to ensure continuous operational improvement, and ensuring all safety and performance standards are met or exceeded. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
About the Role
- Oversee zones and routing the Field Team to conduct e-bike battery swaps, daily bike redistribution, and bike recovery
- Develop scheduling and conduct daily management of the Field Team; ensure the beginning and end of shift process runs smoothly
- Help to lead the hiring process for core Field Team members; including interviewing, on-boarding and training
- Utilize performance data to design and modify operational procedures to ensure performance metrics are met and improved
- Ensure that safety-related processes are in place and followed within field operations, pre/post shift safety checks, and during warehouse operations
- Work in partnership with operations, bike fleet, safety and other departments to ensure timely and productive workflows for continuous operational improvement
- Ensure fleet vehicles inspection and maintenance is performed (daily and monthly)
- Fill gaps in operations team capacity as needed, including executing all duties in the field
- Communicate tactfully and productively with your team
- Assist with locating of missing bikes
- Manage e-bike batteries inventory – includes physical inventory and charging
- Ability to report as needed across a 24-hour operation. Schedule may include evenings, overnights, and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have 3 + years experience in operations, including experience leading an hourly operations team
- You are a wiz in Microsoft Word, Google Applications and can quickly learn new software
- You know the street layout of the Chicago Area like the back of your hand
- You have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You can effectively build and sustain strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- You thirvie in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- You are a self starter who remains highly organized when given competing deadlines
- You are a teamplayer in every sense of the word. You love to collaborate with your others both internally and externally.
- You can lift up to 50 pounds and report to various work locations across the Chicago Area as needed
- You understand that this position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous technical and/or mechanical experience is preferred
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.