Motivate is looking for Seasonal Part-Time Station Valet Attendants to play a fundamental role in the operations of our bikeshare system. You will be our customers “knight-in-shining armor” – helping them to check-out a bike to begin a trip, find an available dock to end their trip, and provide personal greeting for customers enjoying the bikeshare experience.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
About the Role
- Follow safe work practices to create and maintain a safe working environment.
- Work with all employees, under the guidance of the management team to ensure bikes, docks and station equipment are clean, clear and easily accessible to customers and employees.
- Manage assigned station to ensure customers can access bikes to begin a ride, and dock their bikes when completing a ride.
- Dock / undock stations with bikes; manage inventory and provide counts to dispatch or leadership when requested.
- Evaluate bike conditions and escalate issues, as needed.
- Inspect station, docks and individual bikes for safety, operability and cleanliness; troubleshoot station problems, when necessary.
- Activate or close bikes stations that are operational during rush hours.
- Snow removal and salt pre-treating around stations or facilities (equipment such as snow blowers, shovels, and ice packs will be provided, along with training on safe use of equipment).
- Ensure station, dock, kiosk and bike presentation standards are maintained. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the work area and customer accessible items and areas are clean, presentable and free of trash/rubbish.
- Maintain knowledge of the system to provide excellent customer service to current and potential customers in the field.
- If instructed by management, load / unload vehicles with bikes; ensure bikes are secured in appropriate approved locations.
- Other duties as assigned and determined by leadership.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- You are willing to work outdoors, year round and in all weather conditions
- You enjoy providing the best customer service possible and are overjoyed when a customer is using the bikeshare system
- You know how to use a bikeshare system and can comfortably navigate around the city
- You are an excellent communicator to all types of people
- You have used a GPS-enabled smartphone and are comfortable to use that as a tool of your everyday work
- You have a scrappy all-hands on deck attitude
- You can lift up to 50 pounds and stoop, bend, walk or stand for long periods of time
- Customer service experience in a retail and/or food/beverage setting
- Love of biking and bikeshare
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.