Apply today to become a Machine Operator at Ferrara Candy in their Pullman – 110th Street facility. These warehouse positions are full-time with benefits such as health, vision, and dental insurance and 401(k).
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to become a Machine Operator at Ferrara Candy on 110th St. through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Ferrara Candy)
Ferrara Candy Company is a leading American manufacturer of non-chocolate confectionery, including gummies, chews and hard candy, with US $1 billion in annual sales in 2016. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is privately owned by Catterton Partners. Ferrara’s brand portfolio includes more than 15 brands, including Lemonheads, Trolli and the first USDA certified Black Forest Organic. The company also produces private label confections.
Job Highlights: Machine Operator at Ferrara Candy – 11oth Street
- Prepare and process products for final packaging and shipment.
- Sorting, grading, weighing, and inspecting products.
- Verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement
- Complete product changeovers in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner
- This is a physical role – climbing, working with your fingers, pushing, lifting 50 pounds, and repetitive motion
- 1-2 years of Machine Operator experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ideal candidate will have food & beverage manufacturing experience
- Can use critical thinking skills to think thru written or oral instructions and to solve problems
- Likes working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Likes working with dry goods and can operate light machinery
- Must speak English for training and safety purposes
Pay & Schedule:
- Full-time with benefits: Health, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- Wages starting at $17.44/hr with shift differentials
- First, second, and third shifts available
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate.
- Worker subject to inside environmental conditions: (dust, odors) protection from weather conditions; not necessarily from temperature changes
- Worker subject to fluctuation of temperatures for periods of more than one hour
- Worker subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level
- Worker subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals