At Ferrara, we’re shaping the future of the non-chocolate confection industry and delivering lots of goodness in the process. Sound like the kind of career you could sink your teeth into? We’d love to hear from you.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Ferrara Candy)
Ferrara Candy Company is a leading American manufacturer of non-chocolate confectionery, including gummies, chews and hard candy, with US $1 billion in annual sales in 2016. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is privately owned by Catterton Partners. Ferrara’s brand portfolio includes more than 15 brands, including Lemonheads, Trolli and the first USDA certified Black Forest Organic. The company also produces private label confections.
The Stand-Up Fork Lift Operator is responsible for transporting products, packaging and raw materials to and from production lines, packaging areas, and trailers. Organizes packaging and return areas, loads or unloads trailers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Completes forklift driver’s daily checklist form. Replenishes fluids and generates maintenance work request forms for repairs needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Picks and stages packaging and supplies at work sites.
- Receives materials from production by verifying and identifying information and quantity of materials, placing materials in inventory.
- Load and unload trailers.
- Verifies case/pallet counts and patters. Reports any discrepancies to the floor and/or the department supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of all Material Handler duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to BBPC safety methods.
- Adheres to all BBPC established GMP’s.
- Assist in inventory reconciliation process.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area at all times.
- Maintains inventory control system by tracking, moving, and shipping the product using “SAP system” and/or Excel spreadsheet.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and report all observed safety hazards to managers
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate a Reach and Standup forklift truck and/or hand jack.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to operate a stretch-wrapper.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
- Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
Hourly Pay Rate: $18.74
Hours: 3rd Shift (8pn-4:30am)