Play a key manufacturing role when you apply for Assembler jobs at Freedman Seating. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for Assembler jobs at Freedman Seating through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications, including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include transit distributors as well as the federal government, state governments, and local municipalities.
Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Assembler is to use power tools to put together seating products. Assemblers must be able to read and interpret blueprints and measurements.
Duties and Responsibilities for Assembler jobs at Freedman Seating:
- Abides by OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors, and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read orders and follow blueprint instructions.
- Builds assemblies to specified bill of materials (BOM).
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools to assemble seat.
- Obtain parts for assembly by way of blueprint, picklist and/or order.
- Inspect assembled seat and complete an inspection sheet.
- Deliver completed seat to the packing department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime, as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one year of experience and/or training; Or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use a computer to access blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Ability to read English.
- Must have strong math and measurement skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($15+ depending on experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
- CTA accessible (Cicero Green Line)
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.