Play a key manufacturing role when you apply for Machine Operator jobs at Freedman Seating. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for Machine Operator jobs at Freedman Seating through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications, including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include transit distributors as well as the federal government, state governments, and local municipalities.
Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities for Machine Operator jobs at Freedman Seating:
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, saw and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work
- Read orders and follow blueprint instructions.
- Select, position and secure tool in holder.
- Move controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other.
- Set up machine, fixtures and/or feeding device.
- Have the ability to use a computer to access blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Work well under pressure
- Strong Math & Reading Skills (English)
- Able to effectively communicate with others
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, plus squat, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($15+ depending on experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
- CTA accessible (Cicero Green Line)
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled candidates and veterans.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.