Apply today for various manufacturing roles in Chicago with Freedman Seating! Full-time positions include Machine Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, and Material Handler.
Manufacturing roles at Freedman Seating come with benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for manufacturing roles in Chicago at Freedman Seating through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating Company manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications, including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include transit distributors as well as the federal government, state governments, and local municipalities.
Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
Various manufacturing roles available in Chicago!
- Machine Operator
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Material Handler
Job Duties for manufacturing roles include:
- Set up and operate machines and equipment, and feed material into fixture
- Responsible for pneumatics/hydraulics equipment and keeping machines running
- Read work orders, load and unload material from pallets. May require forklift experience.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machine Operators must be able to stand for a long period of time, read and interpret blue prints
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Previous experience in a warehouse or manufacturing setting required (at least 1 year preferred)
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($15+) depending on position and experience
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
4545 W Augusta Blvd., Chicago, IL (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.