Play a key role in the manufacturing of seating products as an Assembler, Welder, or Material Handler. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include major OEMs and bus distributors as well as the federal government, many state governments and municipalities.
The family of Freedman Seating bus seats includes products for small and mid-size coaches, paratransit vans and buses, public transit buses, and private bus operators. Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
Various Manufacturing Roles Available
- Welder (MIG)
- Material Handler
- Machine Operator
- Robotic Welder
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Specific machinery knowledge based on position (forklift, welding devices, machine operators, etc.)
- 6 months of prior experience in a warehouse setting (1 year preferred)
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($12.50 – $14.50) depending on position and experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
Monday – Friday
1st and 2nd shift opportunities available
4545 W Augusta Blvd.
(West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.