Play a key manufacturing role when you apply for Material Handler jobs at Freedman Seating. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for Material Handler jobs at Freedman Seating through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications, including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include transit distributors as well as the federal government, state governments, and local municipalities.
Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities for Material Handler jobs at Freedman Seating:
- Deliver material to other departments in order to ensure production keeps moving forward in a fast-paced environment
- Manage inventory and available material
- Must be comfortable with physical requirements (on your feet all day, moving from one department to another)
- Experience with pallet jack and forklift preferred but not required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($15+ depending on experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
- CTA accessible (Cicero Green Line)
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled candidates and veterans.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.