Play a key manufacturing role when you apply for Welder jobs at Freedman Seating. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple training and advancement opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for welder jobs at Freedman Seating through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company – Freedman Seating
Freedman Seating manufactures seats and seating-related products for many applications including:
- Marine (boats)
- Delivery trucks
- Specialty and commercial vehicles
Freedman Seating is nationally-recognized as a leading manufacturer of transportation seating solutions. Their customers include major OEMs and bus distributors as well as the federal government, many state governments and municipalities.
The family of Freedman Seating bus seats includes products for small and mid-size coaches, paratransit vans and buses, public transit buses, and private bus operators. Freedman Seating Company currently has nearly 750 employees including manufacturing, sales, engineering and administrative personnel.
4545 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL. (West Humboldt Park near Cicero Green Line stop)
- Monday – Friday
- 1st and 2nd shifts available
Position Summary: The welder’s main responsibility is to join, fabricate, and repair metal, including but not limited to carbon, stainless steel and aluminum, by applying appropriate welding techniques and maintaining Freedman Seating quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities for Welder jobs at Freedman Seating:
- Abides by OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors, and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read blueprints and/or job procedures to determine appropriate welding process.
- Ability to weld with minimal quality issues.
- Ability to measure weldments using quality control equipment.
- Performs basic fit up operation in preparation for welding, on stock and standard products as well as prototypes, and with and without the use of fixtures
- Meet minimum production requirements.
- Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- May lead, direct and train others.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime, as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- At least five or more years of experience preferred and/or combination of education and experience.
- MIG and TIG weld required.
- Ability to read English.
- Must have strong math and measurement skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($15.00-$18.00 per hour depending on experience)
- Overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401k
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Apprentice programs to increase skillsets and wages
- Free fitness facility on-site
- Relaxed dress code
- CTA accessible (Cicero Green Line)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.