How do you want to make an impact? Have you struggled to find purpose with your work? Are you looking to make an impact in someone’s life on a daily basis? If so, then GoHealth is where your search ends!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: GoHealth
GoHealth’s mission is to improve access to healthcare in America. They are are a young fast growing company with nearly two decades of insurance purchasing behavior to help re-imagine the process of matching a health insurance plan to a customers specific needs. As the Medicare market continues to grow with over 10,000 people per day turning 65, GoHealth assists customers through the important decision-making process of selecting a Medicare plan that matches their needs with the right product and service. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with GoHealth?
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing the business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. GoHealth will be return to an office setting once they feel safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC. Currently all employees are working remotely.
GoHealth is actively hiring skilled candidates for customer service and sales roles:
- Member Services Agent: Take inbound calls from existing members to deliver high-quality service, answering questions and helping customers navigate their health insurance options, including Medicare
- Customer Service Sales Agent: Match qualified, warm leads with an insurance plan that fits their needs and budget
- Senior Benefit Consultant/Insurance Sales Agent: Serve as a trusted expert on all insurance-related matters to match customers with a plan, cross-selling additional services and products when possible
These roles do not require any cold calling. Not already a licensed insurance agent? Don’t worry: GoHealth will teach you everything you need to know. GoHealth offers extensive training and licensing on the subject matter, systems, and sales process that will set you up for success – all completely free to you! On average, training lasts between 9 and 12 weeks.
What it Takes to be Successful
Ideal candidates are highly motivated, energetic, quick-learning, and confident individuals, ready to kick-start their career.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, as the face of our business
- Assess and identify the needs of customers over the phone
- Be an expert on multiple insurance healthcare plans and benefits
- Educate members on how to use their insurance plan benefits
- Investigate and resolve members issues and escalate in certain cases
- Work simultaneously with multiple systems and databases
- Effectively sell health insurance plans and products to customers, selling or cross-selling additional services to meet member’s needs (as required by role)
- 1+ years’ experience with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of providing customer service and solving customer inquiries and requests
- 1+ years of previous sales experience or member services experience
- Provide availability with flexible schedule
Benefits and Perks
- Work Remotely
- Performance-based incentives
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee interest clubs
- Charitable events
- Monthly event calendars, newsletters and wellness activities
- Birthday celebration recognition
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Remote/work-from-home – must have high-speed Internet
Schedule: 40 hours per week; must have open availability 7 days a week between 7 AM – 10 PM
Compensation: Hourly rate + bonuses based on performance
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.