About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: HUB International
This entry-level role requires an individual who is professional and who displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to meet the needs of our Programs operations. Specifically, your mission will be to service and maintain existing accounts while uncovering opportunities for increasing business.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues.
- Process quotations and binders as needed.
- Be responsible for the issuance of new business policies, endorsements, reinstatement, and taking first reports of claims.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an assigned stewardship book of business.
- Investigate and process refunds on overpayments.
- Maintain complete and accurate files and input necessary data on the company’s agency management system.
- May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to gather underwriting information as requested.
- Execute daily job responsibilities, including responding to voice mail, email, and client inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain service standards as outlined in the procedure manual.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements regarding insurance coverage.
- Answer incoming service calls through a call center environment and be responsible for following through on service issues.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems
- Ability to work in a positive team environment
ROLE TYPE: Temporary (October 2020-February 2021)
COMPENSATION: $17.80/hour; As a temporary employee, benefits are not provided.
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting, and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others